McKinney TX Homes for Sale
McKinney has seen numerous population growth spurts over the last 20 years. It is the 19th most populous city in Texas and was the fastest growing city in the nation from 2000 to 2003 and again in 2006. In 2007 it was ranked the second fastest growing among cities with more than 100,000 people.
The McKinney Independent school District is one of the top employers for the city employing nearly 3000 residents. The district operates 20 elementary schools, 5 middle schools, 3 high schools, 4 alternative schools and 1 early childhood education Center.
Fun Facts about McKinney Texas:
- McKinney was ranked #1 as the Best Place to Live in America in 2014
- Historical downtown McKinney is one of the oldest Authentic Downtowns in the State of Texas.
- Bonnie and Clyde would retreat to McKinney in order to hide out from their crime sprees covering eight states.
- McKinney had various underground tunnels leading to the courthouse where wine and liquor were stashed during and after prohibition.
- McKinney boasts the Third Monday Trade Days, the oldest and largest fleamarket in North Texas.
Homes for Sale McKinney TX
There are multiple properties and homes for sale in a variety of neighborhoods and subdivisions throughout McKinney. The majority of homes are located in the southwest quadrant of the city and property start at about $220,000. Luxury properties can ranges high as $3 million but this is somewhat unusual.
The average home price is about $330,000 with the median rent of about $1800. This is slightly higher than the Dallas Fort Worth metro area. At any given time there is between 600 and 900 properties for sale including condominiums, townhomes, single-family properties and parcels of land.
For more information about McKinney Texas homes for sale and properties currently available contact my office today. I’d be happy to offer a customized list of properties that meet your search criteria and price.